lunes, 12 de enero de 2015

The American Dream



Since I was a little boy living in the Dominican Republic I always heard people talking about the "American Dream" to me that meant to come to the United States and basically work for years and years until you had enough money to buy property back in my country and rent it so you could live out of it, that was basically it.

Now that I've been living here for quite a while (about 8 months now) I can say that it's true but it's not only that, living the American Dream means not giving up on your dreams and reach that point of your life when you feel like you have accomplished all those goals you set to yourself a while ago, all that while living in the United States and taking advantage of everything this country has to offer.

When I was little I never thought I would be living in New York, have a job and actually have all this opportunities, I'm no near to where I wanna be in life but this is just the start, I have plans for my life and I want to achieve my goals without losing who I am and my essence, having my own company, having a family, living without money problems are just a few of those goals.

I'm a true believer of the phrases "follow your dreams" and "be yourself", I know it sounds cheesy but I've seen too many Disney movies and they have taught me to fight for my dreams and never give up on them, even if you don't know who do you wanna be or what do you want for your future is always good to set goals, whether they are long term or to be achieved in a short period of time.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Datos personales